Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Eating to Reduce Inflammation

Eating to Reduce Inflammation
 
 
 
 
          I am so happy to share with you all my breakfast routine to help reduce my inflammation. A healthy diet is so important for those with chronic illnesses. We already live with daily inflammation, so why not help the body out with an awesome breakfast. Luckily, this breakfast is pretty tasty and perfect for those on a budget!
 
 
          I like to start off with boiling some water to make some tasty green tea. My all time favorite green tea is the Teavana jade citrus mint green tea. Tea is amazing for the body, and leaves you feeling like you can take on the day! Also, green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. If you like your tea sweet, you can also add a few drops of honey in there as well!
 
 
 
         Once the water is boiling, I also like to start a bowl of oatmeal. Kashi Heart to Heart oatmeal is my new flavor of the week. I like to add some chia and flax seeds in there for some awesome omega-3s. Flax seed is very beneficial for those with inflammation. Chia seeds are known to be one of the most nutritious foods in the world. Overall this mixture is perfect for those striving for a healthier breakfast.
 
 
          After the oatmeal has cooled down is when I like to add my fruit in. Any fruit is beneficial for those who are inflamed. Blueberries and kiwi are my all time favorite oatmeal add on. The fruit will help add a yummy boost for your oatmeal.
 
 
 
       I have found the V8 Healthy Greens have been best drink for when you're on a budget. It only has eleven grams of sugar, which is so far the lowest I have found. This is a great way to give your body those veggies we need.
 
    
          Overall, I have found that this breakfast helps me get through my day. It is super fast, and easy to make. All of these antioxidants and nutrients are what your body craves when it is inflamed. When I find myself hungry before lunch, I always snack on some type of fruit. Your diet is so important, especially those with a chronic illness.
 
 
          I hope this helps those who are unsure as to how to add those antioxidants and nutrients into your diet. If there are any questions or requests, feel free to ask :)

No comments:

Post a Comment