Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy National Yoga Day!

National Yoga Day
 

Never in a million years did I ever think I would practice yoga. I never understood the meaning behind it all and how powerful it was for the body. Since I have started practicing yoga, it has opened up my mind in every aspect of my life. When I was in high school, I never thought I would be smart enough to earn a college degree. I am now focused on myself and what my future holds. I believe this is all from being mindful, and realizing what I am capable of. Expanding my options in life helped me realized how closed minded I was in the past. I feel as if anyone would benefit from practicing yoga as well. I especially feel this would benefit those with a chronic, or psychological illness. Breathing, stretching, and being mindful as to what your body is telling you is important for those who are ill. You have to know what your body is trying to tell you, and yoga aims to facilitate that mindfulness.  

I am now practicing yoga, and so far I love the results. I find it comforting to lay on my yoga mat and practice yoga within my own home. After completing one session of yoga, I find myself smiling and ready to conquer the rest of my day. Yoga  has helped to reduce my stress, and my anxiety. I use to be an unhappy person, who was always anxious. I was always finding a reason to degrade someone, or just be rude for no reason. Ever since this change, I have become more sympathetic towards others, and I am now willing to give them a chance. This new practice has opened my eyes in so many ways and has helped me be the person I have always strived to be.

My all time favorite routine is sipping on chamomile tea, while doing some bedtime yoga. Overall, yoga has awesome benefits for the body and mind. After one day of yoga you will instantly feel relieved and at peace. Once you are at peace with yourself, you will then be able to be at peace with everything around you.

There has only been one YouTube yoga instructor who I have come to like (Check her out!). Most yoga videos are to fast, or hard to understand. Her videos are easy to follow, and she explains each pose properly to help you understand. I will be sharing one of her videos on my Fit to Fight page on my blog, feel free to check it out :)


          


1 comment: